Your Resources for Kansas City Elderly Home Care
As dedicated elderly home care experts, the Enhanced Home Care team strives to be a partner and an active senior care resource to clients, loved ones, referral sources, and the greater Kansas City community.
To help you find the answers, solutions, and support you need, we have compiled a list of trusted resources where you’ll find educational information and assistance to help guide you in making your care decisions.
Aging Care Advocates
- National Aging in Place Council (NAIPC) KC Chapter: The Greater Kansas City Chapter of NAIPC is a group of community professionals that have come together to help and educate families with the goal of aging in place.
- Kansas City Regional Home Care Association (KCRHCA): The Kansas City Regional Home Care Association serves home care businesses and patients in the Kansas City Area, actively working to enhance and build upon a strong regional elderly home care community and advocate for home care patients.
- Home Care Plus: Home Care Plus is an in home elder care and support service whose goal is to help elderly clients live life as fully and safely as possible in the comfort of their own homes.
- Johnson County Area Agency on Aging: Aging & Disability Resource Centers (ADRCs) are visible and trusted places where people can turn for information, assistance, and a single point of entry to public long-term support programs and benefits. The Johnson County Area Agency on Aging hosts our local ADRC.
- Wyandotte & Leavenworth County Area on Aging: The Office of the Area Agency on Aging is responsible for planning, coordinating, funding and advocating for programs and services which meet the needs of Wyandotte and Leavenworth County residents.
- Coalition for Independence: The Coalition for Independence believes in enhancing the rights and abilities of disabled individuals through services, supports, education, and community change.
- Seniors Blue Book: The Seniors Blue Book provides seniors, caregivers and senior professionals a comprehensive source of services, senior housing options, resources and information.
- Americans For Older Driver Safety: The Americans for Older Drivers Safety works to empower older adults to extend their years of safe driving and remain mobile for life through education, research and policy advances.
- Nursing Home Abuse Center: Nursing Home Abuse Center (NHAC) is a free online resource with information about the dangers of abuse within nursing home environments and safety options.
- NursingHomeAbuse.org: NursingHomeAbuse.org sheds light on the growing dangers of nursing home abuses with powerful reporting that exposes truths previously hidden.
Chronic Illness Organizations
- Heart of America Chapter Alzheimer’s Association: The Alzheimer’s Association – Heart of America Chapter serves 66 counties in Kansas and Missouri and is the trusted resource for vital information, education, training, support programs and services to more than 50,000 individuals and nearly 200,000 family members and care partners in our service area suffering the emotional, physical and financial challenges of Alzheimer’s disease.
- Mid America Chapter National Multiple Sclerosis Society: The Mid America Chapter works to improve the quality of life for people affected by MS in Kansas, Western Missouri, Nebraska and Pottawattamie County and raise funds for critical MS research.
- Heartland Parkinson Foundation: The National Parkinson Foundation Heartland Chapter is a non-profit organization dedicated to making life better for people with Parkinson’s through expert care and research.
- Heartland Affiliate American Heart Association: The American Heart Association is the nation’s oldest and largest voluntary organization dedicated to fighting heart disease and stroke.
- American Cancer Society: The American Cancer Society funds and conducts research, shares expert information, supports patients, and spreads the word about cancer prevention.
- Arthritis Foundation Heartland Region: The Heartland Region of the Arthritis Foundation provides education, program and services, information about upcoming events, programming news, volunteer opportunities and other Foundation-related business.
- The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Mid-America Chapter: LLS is the voice for all blood cancer patients and they work to ensure access to treatments for all blood cancer patients. Their site offers research, patient access, policy and advocacy information, and more.
- The Whole Person: The Whole Person offers a broad range of services to people with disabilities to increase their ability to perform day-to-day activities and reduce the need of support from family members, professional attendants or other caregiving services.
Kansas City Area Organizations
- Mid-America Regional Council (MARC): MARC is a nonprofit association of city and county governments and the metropolitan planning organization for the bi-state Kansas City region.
- KU Med Landon Center on Aging: The University of Kansas Health System in Kansas City is a world-class academic medical center and destination for complex care and diagnosis.
- Turning Point at KU Med: Turning Point has been Kansas City’s highly respected patient support organization since 2001. With an array of comprehensive programs, Turning Point educates and supports individuals, families and friends facing a wide variety of chronic physical illnesses such as cancer, chronic heart failure, Parkinson’s disease, MS, ALS and diabetes.
- Jewish Family Services of Greater Kansas City: Jewish Family Services (JFS) supports and strengthens lives throughout Greater Kansas City, providing essential human services for people facing challenges in everyday life or times of crisis — regardless of faith, age, culture or lifestyle.
- Catholic Charities of Kansas City: Catholic Charities of Kansas City is dedicated to proposing bold solutions through hope filled services, action and advocacy for those in need.
- Gilda’s Club Kansas City (cancer support community): Inspired by the late comedian, Gilda Radner, Gilda’s Clubs are places where people with cancer and their families and friends learn to live well with cancer. They are their lifeline to strength, hope and guidance.
- Shepperd’s Center of KC Central: Shepherd’s Center Central is a local leader in the regional effort to ensure that all people can age successfully with dignity, security, and respect.
- Kansas Culture Change Coalition: Kansas Culture Change Coalition promotes a culture that supports autonomy, dignity and diversity for Kansans as they age.